Thursday, August 18, 2011


sorry not this year
I don't have sparkling blue-green water, thunderous waves, or white sands. I don't have flip-flopped, kick my feet up,  nap under an umbrella carefree afternoons. What I do have are five beautiful days when I am not expected to be at work. I don't have to don my chef whites (unless I fancy to do so). I don't have to fine julienne any carrots, or mince any capers. I don't have to label or date any of the food I make (at least until Tues.).  What my "vacation" does consist of is mountain climbing (scaling Mt. Laundry), lots of shopping (school supplies for three boys), and probably a little bit of interior design (rehanging the curtains that Mr.Teeth somehow pulled down). I also have 6 book reports to help polish up before Monday, a Sunday School lesson to prepare and teach, dinner plans with an awesome family from down the street, family movie day with my World King Awesome Sous Chef, I should probably go grocery shopping, and it would be nice to spend a little time with my husband, (who actually starts back to school on Monday). Yeah. Woo.         My twins ask all the time "You tired mommom?"  Yeah I'm tired. "You tired all the time mommom."  Baaahahaha. No kidding boys.
diorama time


     
school uniforms






1 comment:

  1. WKA for Movie Day! CAN'T wait.

    Tangled.
    Arrested Development.
    THE ORPHANAGE.

    We should cook something for dinner that is awesome. Like Chips and Cheese, but use Cheetos as the chips. OR nacho doritos. Frito pie? :) no BACONS and Breakfasts'es

    Also: Promise I'm not being creepy but Blogger is not letting me comment with my google ID. Says i'm "not allowed" Mother May I?

    ReplyDelete