Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Kazoo Culprit
So I'm not nearly as tired at work (either job) as I thought I would be. It all seems to come crashing down when I get home. The weather is so awesome that the windows are all open. Woo. Upside is that air conditioner not on = lower electric bill. Downside(s) 1) Allergies are driving both me and hubby crazy 2) Dog finds it necessary to bark at every squirrel, car, child, neighbor, or insect that moves in front of our house. So there's the constant barking, and then there's the twins. I realize I am not home during the day (or evening, if it's the weekend), and this causes the need for more concentrated doses of mommy time when I get home. It is slightly claustrophobic to have two small children no more than two steps behind me where ever I move. Especially if one of the small children refuses to stop playing a little plastic kazoo. It is nearly impossible to explain to a fourth grader with Aspberger's what the difference between a simile and a metaphor is, while the dog is barking, Spongebob and Patrick are cavorting loudly on the tv, and two small monsters are on either side of me playing a kazoo and whining to be picked up. I am thankful beyond words that my parents brought pizza over, so I can concentrate on reorganizing the step by step daily schedule for my fourth grader so he will  not again go to school with dirty ears, or forget to have his reading log signed. I am spread so thin that I feel like cellophane. Just wrap me around the leftovers.

Keep Your Sunnyside Up

No comments:

Post a Comment