Monday, September 12, 2011

I fully realize that the majority of my posts are about how immensely loud and hectic my days are. I am not sure if this is because the few minutes I spend typing about the crazies calms my frayed nerves and slightly turns the chaos on it's end, which allows me to look at it in a more humorous light, or if I am looking for some kind of reassurance from somewhere. There is always the possibility that I type this just in case someone runs across it and has the "Aha!" moment of not being the only one who feels so overly run ragged. Maybe I  do it so I won't forget these wild moments that I know are speedily passing by. In all reality, it must be a little of each.

I had a "day off" today. I  got in from work last night at about midnight, which is actually early. I let hubby sleep in. I made breakfasts and lunches and took the boys to school. I did laundry. I went grocery shopping. I rearranged the pantry. I usually get my weekly dose of dress wearing in on Sunday, but now that I work Sundays, I only get to wear a dress for about 45 minutes before I have to rush out of the church building, change into my work garb in a whirl resembling Superman changing in a telephone booth, and speed (no mom, I don't actually speed: I am a very safe driver) downtown. I felt a little girly today and did all my errands in a dress. Woo. As the boys' bedtimes lurk ever closer, I don't know if I will be able to keep my sanity until they are all snoring on their pillows. The twins' high pitched screaming, the older boys calling eachother names and arguing and disobeying and constantly telling me a story about a kid in their class or a certain level in a certain video game and it's all reverberating so incessantly in my brain. There is still laundry to be done , dust bunnies in every corner, trash and recycle to take out to the bins, and I am tired. I will be back at work at 5 tomorrow morning just raring to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment