Thursday, November 10, 2011

I am really astounded by how fast these past few weeks have gone by. Really. Thanksgiving will be here soon and I still have the giant spider and skeleton windsock in the front yard. "I am thankful for creepy yard decorations." But that will only carry me through November. Once December rolls around, I could put Santa hats on them. Or I suppose I could lug the ladder into the front and take them down. Sigh. I spent entirely too long today away from my home. Hubby didn't have to go to school until later than usual. This is a good thing. Bad thing is that I was stuck at the oil change place with a car LONG overdue for a change, and a hungry 4th grader, instead of spending valuable time with my husband whom I very rarely get to see. After finishing a lengthy and boring list of to-do things, I was in no mood to make dinner. Sad. Very sad. Standing in the to-go line at the local pizza place wearing my chef whites. I either looked lazy or like a phony. Just my Halloween costume. I swear. And to think, there was once a life before 70 hour work weeks, when I had the energy to come home and make pizza dough. I will be there again. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment