Wednesday, December 28, 2011


goodbye old white shoes

hello new white shoes













I have always had a hard time with goodbyes.  The first time I went to a sleep away camp without my mother, I was miserable.  When I was 5 and my brother's best friend was moving, I hid in the linen closet and cried when he came over to say his goodbyes. After every visit from my grandparents, I would weep like it was the last time I would see them. This month has been laden with more goodbyes than I am used to. And it's not as if they are the forever kind of goodbyes. I realize this.  It will all just take a lot of adjustment.  And possibly a therapist to help me cope with my newly formed abandonment issues.           Now, from a safe distance (you can't throw fish boxes or pans if you're not in my kitchen anymore) I will say thank you to Chef. So, Thank You. Whether you want to admit it or not, you have been awesome. You have shown patience, and kindness, (at this point, I am looking over my shoulder for imaginary projectiles) and been a mentor to me for the past 3 years. Really. Thank you.          So, with all the crazy changes, I am given a chance to grow and show everyone that I may be goofy, but I'm good at what I do. And I will only get better. Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment