Tuesday, December 13, 2011

There is no question as to where my outlook on life stems. There is no question as to why I strive for things creative. There is no question as to who I try to mirror myself after. 


 My mother (now, undoubtedly deemed the world's greatest grandmother) showed up at my doorstep with what she called the "Sugarplum Fairy Tree." It is in fact a 6 foot, brightly colored tree dripping with candy. Not the boring cinnamon hard candies, or ordinary red and white striped peppermint candy canes, but neon saltwater taffies, candy jewelry, chocolate coins, and tootsie pops. The only candy canes on the tree are rainbow colored. I'm not exaggerating, either. This tree could have easily been pilfered from the set of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Remember the scene in the "chocolate room?" The one where Willy Wonka sings the Pure Imagination song? Yeah. That's the one. So, thank you momma. Thank you for the candy. Thank you for being an amazing, artistic, imaginative, selfless person. I am who I am because of you.









Oh, and thank you for the mad sugar rush that ensued shortly after the tree arrived.





No comments:

Post a Comment