Thursday, October 13, 2011



I am comfortable in my zone. Hence, the term "comfort zone". My zone, however, has been an amorphous area for quite a while now. Things seem to be in constant motion.  Crazy as it may seem, I am finding myself more at ease in these turbulent waters. As my busy-as-me-but-in-different-ways husband says "There is a light at the end of this tunnel." There will, at some point in the future, be a time when my average night of sleep consists of more than 3 hours. There will be a time when I get to see my husband for more than 30 minutes at a time. There will be a time when my children will be able to look back on now, and know they were loved and provided for. I can only hope that  they recognize that the piano lessons, scouts, church, library trips with dad, cookie baking, craft making, homework completing, family trips to the grocery store, and all the other bits of hoopla are not out of obligation, but out of preference. I may be tired, and occasionally on the grumpster side, but I am not going to stop if there is something else I am capable of doing for my family.





                                                   INTERMISSION






Next topic on my agenda for this evening is actually related to the first. Comfort Zone.  I am in the process of picking up my heavy foot and dragging it over the line.  Yeah, actually stepping out of this zone. I am planning on updating my resume and earnestly seeking a job a little higher on the ladder. And I am scared to death. I know I am awesome at what I do. I know I have the experience (and the degree) to expect better. I know there is nothing that I cannot learn to do, if I do not already know how to do it, but I am still shakin in my boots (or kitchen clogs, as the case may be) at the thought of "moving on". I cannot even begin to express the gratitude I have for the people I have been blessed to work with (some of whom will not hear the end of me, even if we no longer work together). Don't get me wrong, I haven't even applied anywhere else yet, so this is definitely not an immediate change, but I think I have climbed to the summit of my current job. I am ready to start the ascension in another kitchen. Yes. Woo.

No comments:

Post a Comment