Thursday, March 15, 2012

If I work 75 hour work weeks and come home and change out the locks on the broken doors and give haircuts and push myself until I can't possibly go any farther, is this strength? Is this determination? If I never settle for anything less than the best I can do and even then question the quality and whatever it is I am doing, is it having standards? And how exactly will all of it affect my boys? Will they be persevering and confident, or will they question themselves and never feel adequate?         I pray my boys know that I am in charge of what I make of my life. I work 75 hour weeks because I love what I do. I give haircuts and change out locks because it makes my children's lives better (which, in turn, makes my life better). I push myself and have high expectations of myself because I am confident and know I am capable of anything. If I don't know how to do it, I will learn how. I pray that my sweet children realize what an amazing gift this life is. I pray that they see that my "hardships" are blessings. I pray that I will never take for granted the opportunities I have to constantly become the person I want to be.          
And  for the record, I AM strong. I AM determined. I DO have high standards. Yo.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing woman, amazing family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah IS the best! She always has been..always will be. My sweet sister please take a couple of minutes to renew your body and soul.I get the little guys Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, strength is seldom seen in a woman by the world's standard, yet we women have one of the greatest strengths ever. Maybe not physically, but rather emotionally. Be proud you are a woman. Be proud you are strong! :)

    Cheers,
    Peny@medical scrubs uniforms

    ReplyDelete