Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Cakes and pies. More cakes and pies. And bread. Lots of bread. My days have most recently been filled with cakes and pies. I guess that this to be expected now that I am a Pastry Chef again. I am still in the  "getting my footing" stage, which makes me uneasy. I am trying to learn menus at several restaurants and getting familiar with the different ovens. I now know that the small oven with missing thermostat is probably not the best idea for baking cheesecakes. I also have found that the reactive pots will turn pie filling grey. I have learned that I must over-utilize my time (if that is even possible) because with now having two days off (WOOO) and two of my remaining days spent as fill in Sous Chef at two different restaurants, I am left with merely three days to make weekly desserts and to perfect desserts for the up-coming week. There is also the complete overhaul that is supposed to happen for the dessert menu for a couple of the restaurants. I am not overwhelmed. Not yet. I just want to wow everyone. This, however has not happened quite yet. I am getting my rhythm though. Once it's steady, just watch out.

No comments:

Post a Comment